Page last updated on 12/12/2012
SEWER BILLING INFORMATION
What is the fee structure?
Through December 31, 2012, customers will pay a $10 monthly service charge per premise plus $5.25 for every 1,000 gallons of water used, as reported by the Pennsylvania American Water Company.
Effective with all sewer bills issued on or after November 1, 2013 through April 30, 2014, the fees will change to a $13 monthly service charge per premise plus $7.00 for every 1,000 gallons of water used.
Who is responsible to pay?
Any property owner connected to the Municipality's sewer system. Property owners, not tenants of rental property, are ultimately liable for the payment of sewer bills and any applicable penalty and interest for sewer bills that are not paid on time. Failure to pay sewer bills in full may result in water shut-off and/or liens placed against the property.
What are the payment due dates?
Sewage charges will be billed monthly by Jordan Tax Service. The due date will be printed on the bill.
Where/how is the sewage fee paid?
Payment can be made using any of the following methods:
* Via mail to the Jordan Tax Service address printed on the bill (PO Box 645111 Pittsburgh, PA 15264-5111);
* By placing your payment in the orange deposit box located in the Municipal Building's lower parking lot;
* In-person at the Jordan Tax Service Bethel Park office (7100 Baptist Road) or the Jordan Tax Service McMurray office (102 Rahway Road). An orange deposit box is also available at these locations 24 hours/day;
* Automatic ACH withdrawal (this can be setup through the Jordan Tax Service website here);
* Online at www.jordantax.com.
What happens if I do not pay my bill on time?
Failure to make payment in full by the due date will result in the assessment of delinquent charges to the account. Delinquent collection is pursued by Jordan Tax Service whose efforts may include water shut-off, liens placed against the property, and eventually Sheriff Sale of the property. If your account is delinquent, you should contact Jordan Tax Service immediately to make payment arrangements.
Can I receive a paperless bill?
Yes. Paperless billing is available by registering your account on the Jordan Tax Service website here.