The Patrol Division is the largest and certainly the most visible division of the Bethel Park Police Department. The Bethel Park Police Patrol Division provides around the clock coverage, 365 days a year for the Municipality of Bethel Park residents.
The Patrol Division's principal duties and responsibilities are:
· To represent a positive and professional image of the Municipality and of the Police Department.
· To promote trust, cooperation and respect for the Police Department within the community.
· To prevent violations of laws and ordinances.
· To arrest criminal offenders.
· To suppress civil disturbances.
· To conduct preliminary investigations at accidents and crime scenes.
· To give aid and information to all persons as required.
The Patrol Division is divided into three squads. This ensures the residents the highest level of police response.