The Bethel Park Police Department will be hold a Crime Watch Meeting on Monday 9/29/2014at the Bethel Park Community Center at 6:30 PM. The purpose of this meeting is to talk about Crime Watch activities, recruitment, and to discuss current criminal activity. We hope all of you will consider attending and bring a guest!
There will be a guest speaker from the PA Attorney General's office. Agent Phillip Little will be speaking about scams and about the Attorney General's Office. I hope to see a lot of you there!
October 20, 2014 @ 6:30 pm
November 17, 2014 @ 6:30 pm
December : still open
October 20, 2014 Crime Watch Agenda
Pledge of Allegiance
- Recruitment: Currently at approximately 1126. Also if you move out of the area or change email addresses, please be sure to notify me so I can make the change. Recruitment at Community Day went well and we signed up 64 new members.
- We have had a few more vehicles entered and items removed. Please lock your doors.
- Traffic Complaints are still on the rise. This has always been the leading complaint in Bethel Park, but we have seen a spike in the amount of Traffic Complaints recently. Please drive responsibly and carefully in the neighborhoods. My advice is for everyone to drive like they are in their neighborhood at all times.
- Speaking of Traffic complaints, if you would like to be put on the list to have the new trailer put in your neighborhood for a few days, please contact me and I will forward the request to Sgt. McLain who is in charge of the Traffic Division.
- Scams: The IRS Scam continues to be reported in the Pittsburgh area.
- Suspicious People: If someone is acting suspicious or does not belong in your neighborhood, please contact the Police Department so we can at least ID the people that are in our town and in your neighborhood. 412-833-2000.
- Street Lights: Please report street lights that are not working in your neighborhood. For First Energy (West Penn Power) call 1-800-720-3600 and for Duquesne Light call 412-281-4285. If the light does not get fixed in 10 days, please report this to us on the website www.bethelpark.net
Or call 412-831-6800.
- I am very excited about the upcoming Citizen Police Academy and Law Enforcement Apprenticeship Programs. I have obtained commitments from some new speakers, including representatives from: PA Game Commission, PA Attorney General’s Office, ATF (Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms), Allegheny County Sheriff’s office, District Judge Ron Arnoni, Allegheny County District Attorney Investigator, as well as Secret Service, PA State Police, DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) This will most likely be my last Academy class, so I am hopeful for a large class.
- Trick or Treat is on Friday 10/31 from 6-8pm. Please turn an outside light on if you are participating by handing out candy. If you are driving at 6-8 pm, please exercise extreme caution.
- Allstate sponsored a program called “Reality Rides” which is a safe driving simulator program. The program was available to anyone who wanted to participate on Friday 10/3/2014 before and during the Bethel Park /Mt. Lebanon High School Football game. What was learned by this experience was that it was very difficult to operate a vehicle while dividing your attention to text. I think it was an eye opening experience for everyone who participated both young and old.
- The next meeting will be November 17th at 6:30 pm at the Bethel Park Community Center.
Questions, Comments and Discussion.
The Police Pals Food Drive begins Monday 12/1/2014 and ends on Wednesday 12/17/2014. We will sort and pack the food at Frawley Hall at St. Val’s Church.
The adopt A Family program will take place again this year. We will have a meeting in late September or Early October to discuss the program.
The Citizen Police Academy will begin Monday January 14th, 2015 and will run 12 consecutive weeks.