The Bethel Park Police Department will be hold a Crime Watch Meeting on Monday 11/17/2014 at the Bethel Park Community Center at 6:30 PM. The purpose of this meeting is to talk about Crime Watch activities, recruitment, and to discuss current criminal activity. We hope all of you will consider attending and bring a guest!
There will be a guest speaker from the PA Attorney General's office. Agent Phillip Little will be speaking about scams and about the Attorney General's Office. I hope to see a lot of you there!
December : TBA
November 17,, 2014 Crime Watch Agenda
Pledge of Allegiance
- Recruitment: Currently at approximately 1120. Also if you move out of the area or change email addresses, please be sure to notify me so I can make the change. Recruitment at Community Day went well and we signed up 64 new members.
- We have had a few more vehicles entered again and items removed. Please lock your doors.
- Traffic Complaints are still on the rise. This has always been the leading complaint in Bethel Park, but we have seen a spike in the amount of Traffic Complaints recently. Please drive responsibly and carefully in the neighborhoods. My advice is for everyone to drive like they are in their neighborhood at all times.
- Scams: The IRS Scam continues to be reported in the Pittsburgh area. The grandparent scheme is also active in the area, but we have had no reports in Bethel Park
- Holiday Crime will be on the rise. Thefts, scams, robbery all escalate during the holiday season.
- Suspicious People: If someone is acting suspicious or does not belong in your neighborhood, please contact the Police Department so we can at least ID the people that are in our town and in your neighborhood. 412-833-2000.
- Street Lights: Please report street lights that are not working in your neighborhood. For First Energy (West Penn Power) call 1-800-720-3600 and for Duquesne Light call 412-281-4285. If the light does not get fixed in 10 days, please report this to us on the website www.bethelpark.net
Or call 412-831-6800.
- I am very excited about the upcoming Citizen Police Academy and Law Enforcement Apprenticeship Programs. I have obtained commitments from some new speakers, including representatives from: PA Game Commission, PA Attorney General’s Office, ATF (Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms), Allegheny County Sheriff’s office, District Judge Ron Arnoni, Allegheny County District Attorney Investigator, as well as Secret Service, PA State Police, DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) This will most likely be my last Academy class, so I am hopeful for a large class.
- The Next meeting will be on Monday December 8, 2014 at 6:30 pm at the Bethel Park Community Center. Guest speaker with be District Judge Ron Arnoni who will update members on what he has been seeing in his court room, as well as answer questions. At the end of this meeting, we will have a little social gathering with light refreshments. If you want to provide cookies/ baked items please feel free to bring them.
Questions, Comments and Discussion.
The Police Pals Food Drive begins Monday 12/1/2014 and ends on Wednesday 12/17/2014.We will sort and pack the food at the Bethel Park Community Center on Wednesday 12/17 starting at 7:30 am.If you would like to volunteer, volunteers are needed!
The adopt A Family program is in full swing. We have added the Registry and currently we have 2 families wish lists posted on the sites.If you want to participate in the program, please feel free to contact me or work off the registry. Like always, we really need Grocery store gift certificates as we try to provide a Christmas meal to all sponsored families.
The Citizen Police Academy will begin Monday January 14th, 2015 and will run 12 consecutive weeks. I have some applications with me.